Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 11 – Friday August 20th


Today we woke up at 10:30 and packed. Its my last day in Italy with the Galli’s! Matteo is coming over for lunch at 1:00. Tomorrow I get on a bus for Modena, get picked up in Modena by Umberto and then I’m having lunch with him and Chichi and great. After lunch they’re taking me to the train station so I can grab a train to Bologna with Umberto and then transfer in Bologna onto a train for Venice. I should get into Venice around 6:00 and I booked an extra night on the hotel so I’ll be there. I’m hoping I can be independent and grab dinner and stuff by myself but we’ll see. Then I’ll catch up on my blogging and everything and sleep. My mom arrives on Sunday at 10:00 so hopefully we’ll get some coffee or something and wait for Allyson and Denise to arrive around 3:00. I’m so excited! Interesting fact, pieve used to be a lake – hence pievepelago – it dried up and then a town was built. We went to lunch a town near flimalbo with Matteo, I think it was the best meal I’ve had so far. I had gnocchi with mountain herbs and risotto with mountain herbs, and also had this creamy stuff pasta lasagna thing. It was the best meal thus far.

We went to Flimalbo after lunch and walked around the flee markets. When we got home, Tat and I went to the Internet café and Matteo brought over Olivia. We went to visit Matte and then hung out. Tat and I bough tomatoes, mozerella and breasticks for dinner, we got ready and then went out with Matteo and Matte to have drinks. We went to the new bar and ordered mojitios, and ended up getting home around 4:00, it was a fun last night in Pieve!

No comments:

Post a Comment